Friday, November 18, 2016

target marketing stategy

With this product I found that I would have to do a lots of research about the two different kinds of products and consumers.The groups of people that like chocolate and the group of people who are everyday coffee lovers as well.  When putting a product out there I have learned that you need to know and understand the various demographics and markets. So with this product our target area would of course be the group that obviously likes and enjoys to eat chocolate and drink coffee. I had to talk to chocolate lovers and inquire about how they would feel about a coffee infused chocolate morsel. I asked 20 people and to my surprise 14 of them were very supportive of the product. So I feel putting the product into production would be a go  "In an ideal world, you would use market research to find out what your customers want and then design products to suit them". http://www.marketingdonut.co.uk/marketing/marketing-strategy/product-development. 
"The strategic plan defines the company’s overall mission and objectives". pg 49. With that being said our strategic plan is to market the people that we mostly relate to first. 

I will also be focusing on partnering with coffee houses and small stores as I produce on a smaller scale for profit versus losses margin to produce on a bigger platform. Eventually I would like to partner with a couple major distributors for a major push. Companies like Hershey and the Folgers brand would be the ideal partners.  Promotion will consist of going into these markets and introducing the product to customers as tasters and to have a price thats very reasonable for consumers.,I want the customers to feel like they are being treated to a great product without spending a lot.  royalty for a low price. Just because the price is low does not always mean that the quality of the product is not good because this product will trick you. Which is the reason why the price is so low. You are getting something great for an affordable price, you can not beat that. I think this is a great strategy also known as the 4 Ps. "Guided by marketing strategy, the company designs an integrated marketing mix made up of factors under its control—product, price, place, and promotion (the four Ps)".  2 page 49.

No comments:

Post a Comment